Monday, March 14, 2011

Pacific Red Snapper

My first time cooking Pacific Red Snapper I decided to bake it. I put it in an oven safe bowl with half of a lemon(squeezed), a clove of garlic minced, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and pepper to taste. Put it in the oven on 400 and in about 15 minutes the fish will be done. This smelled amazing while it was cooking, made me excited for it to be done. The fish wasn't a let down at all. Pacific Red Snapper is wonderful tasting and has a great texture. One of the most flaky cuts of fish that I have had to date. I steamed yellow squash and cabbage to go with it. This is the first time I've steamed cabbage and since I don't eat butter it wasn't anything special. Really bland actually. But the squash has a great flavor and it is now something that I eat almost daily. Great meal!

No comments: